On Thursday 8 August, 2019, the first reading of the Abortion Legislation Bill will be read in Parliament.
This Bill is a radical denial of the right to life of the pre-born child and ignores the impact that abortion has on women and families.
There is much we can do, but our foundation must be prayer. We need to pray for the defeat of this Bill, for the conversion of hearts and for healing for all those who have experienced abortion.
More than 500,000 pre-born babies have lost their lives to abortion under the current legislation. We, like Rachel, must weep for our children and make reparation.
Join the team at FLI in a Day of Prayer and Reparation where ever you happen to be and please spread the word!
The Chapel of the Annunciation at Auckland Saint John Paul II Centre for Life will be open from 8:30am until 5:00pm. You are welcome to come and join us at any time throughout the day.
9:00am Holy Mass
Eucharistic Adoration until 5:00pm
If you are unable to join us at the Centre, please keep the following intentions on Thursday:
- For the defeat of the Abortion Legislation Bill.
- That politicians will seek the good of all people and protect human life in all its stages – especially pre-born children.
- That God will have mercy on this nation and the whole world for all our sins, especially the taking of innocent human life through abortion.
- For the deliverance of all evil strongholds and spirits of death over New Zealand, our government and its institutions.
- For all those who are considering abortion that they may find the support they need to protect, love and nurture their little one.
- For all women and men who have lost their children to abortion, that they may find peace and healing.
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
2 Chronicles 7:14